Structure and membership
ECHAMP was founded in 1999 and now has about 50 full company members from 18 EU Member States, active in the production and distribution of these products (Full Members), 14 Corresponding Members (practitioners’ and patients’ organisations) and 10 Associated Members (national manufacturers’ associations from 9 EU Member States and Switzerland). It seeks to be a viable, effective, value‐driven and collaborative professional association that both serves the common needs of its members and reflects the broad needs of the sector.
Full Members abide by a Code of Professional Ethics. ECHAMP is a non-profit organisation, financed by membership fees and other contributions as defined in the Articles of Association. The Board of Management is elected by the Membership Assembly. ECHAMP has a permanent staff in Brussels; an active programme of specialist working groups brings together the expertise of the members to achieve the association’s objectives.
Mission and goals
To enable our members to meet the demand from users and prescribers across the EU for homeopathic and anthroposophic medicinal products
1. Help to develop the industry sector and the market (demand for self-medication and prescription medicines).
2. Advocate and support standards and requirements, including effectiveness, that are in line with the tradition and the therapeutic systems of homeopathy and anthroposophic medicine as practised in Europe.
3. Advocate an appropriate and well-balanced EU regulatory environment that reflects and ensures the specific quality and the high safety of these products.
4. Establish the industry as a credible and reliable health player in order to maximise political impact at EU level.
5. Build and sustain a viable, effective, value-driven and collaborative professional association that both serves the common needs of its members and reflects the broad needs of the sector.