A thriving European tradition
Homeopathy and anthroposophic medicine have both been widely used in Europe and other parts of the world for many decades:
- Three out of four Europeans know about homeopathy and of these 29% use it for their health care - over 100 million European citizens use over-the-counter or prescribed homeopathic medicines -
- There is significant to high demand for homeopathic and anthroposophic medicinal products in at least two thirds of EU Member States.
Three out of four Europeans know of homeopathy and of these, 29% use it for their health care.
- There are 60,000 prescribers of homeopathic medicines in the EU, that is 11.4 homeopathic prescribers per 100,000 inhabitants
- 3000 licensed medical doctors are fully trained in anthroposophic medicine in the EU, Norway and Switzerland, and anthroposophic medicine is further prescribed by about 15,000 physicians
- The EU market for homeopathic and anthroposophic medicinal products is valued at over €1 billion a year (ex-factory sales).